Saturday 14 January 2012

Things to do in Ely when you're wee (3)

I have been slack in reporting, excuse me, but I have been busy screaming all day. I know it frustrates mother no end when, a two-year old such as myself, who can communicate quite complex things if he wishes, decides to fall back on the tried and tested and enjoy a day of throwback.

So, things to do in Ely since I last told you, 15 months ago. Hmmm. There are still some good free ones. Our weekends focus around the library and playgrounds, obviously. More Ely specific are lorry (truck) watching down at the level-crossing, and rampaging around the cathedral. Wish mom had taken a photo of their Christmas tree - it was a beauty and really tall (or high, as I like to say). I like the singing in the cathedral, the really high ceiling, and lighting candles, as well as the hugeness of it. (And, yes, of course mother is trying to get me to appreciate historic buildings from an early age).

2011 was also the year of baby signing and baby music (having given up the swimming due to the temperature of the pool). I did two terms of one and one term of the other. Baby signing was fun, mainly for the biscuits (by the end I'd graduated onto nicking the adults' chocolate ones), and watching what older children got up to. I started signing after we finished going to classes. Baby music was also cool. We chose Music to Grow to over Monkey Music. Wish I could still go but mom's new job is full-time so I can't. I guess I get to do loads of stuff at nursery, so perhaps mom should try and shrug off her middle-class-mommyhood guilt.

No comments: